It’s a wide rectangular hall, lighted by six windows. It was the ancient Great Hall that was used for receiving the most important guests and was the place where both parties and solemn court ceremonies were held. It is named after the arms placed on its walls : helmets, lances, halberds, armour. From the center of the Hall ceiling, a big bronze chandelier hangs, that symbolizes the sun. Along the frieze, at the top of the walls, there are paintings representing the coats of arms of the families who ruled over Lauro, from the Sanseverinos
to the Lancellottis
, with views of palaces and villas belonged to the Lancellotti Family. On the southern wall, there is a large baroque fireplace, with above Tibullo’s verse “assiduo luceat igne” (let it shine with continuous fire).
On the northern wall, instead, there is a big picture showing the fire set to the castle by the French troops on 30th April 1799.